Sickness came visiting this past week when my ten year old daughter came down with a fever on Thanksgiving Day. Since then, several of us, including myself, have succumbed to fevers, colds, and coughing. My husband has bronchitis. I was the last one to catch something. I now have a sinus infection and an ear infection. And I feel awful. In between blowing my nose and drinking loads of tea with honey, I remembered my Thankful Thursday post.
What am I grateful for? Here’s a list:
- A warm and comfy bed
- Herb tea with honey
- Puffs Plus Tissues with lotion (whoever thought to add lotion to tissues is a genius!)
- Our wonderful doctors
- My three daughters who did not catch the crazy virus and have helped in many ways
- Pancakes for dinner made by my husband when all I could do was lay on the sofa
- The words, “I’m Sorry” and “I forgive you”. Meds and feeling cranky can cause the best of us to say stupid things.
- Watching movies/tv and wearing PJs ALL DAY LONG
- I don’t have to go to work.
- My archive of pictures! This one was taken just last month in my backyard.
If you would like to share your version of “Thankful Thursday” (photos or text or both) today or in the future, you can link your post to my post on Thursdays in the comments section with the title “Thankful Thursday”.