During late winter, I am always impatient for spring to come. When it “finally” comes, I am always surprised by its beauty.
Comes happy Spring, like a maiden fair,
Quickly breathing the odorous air,
With grass-green robes, and round her hair
Apple and almond blooms, with care
Twisted and twined in a circlet rare…
And wherever she passes, morn or night,
All the broad earth smiles a smile of delight.
Yes, I am quite late with my Thankful Thursday post but here in New Jersey it is still Thursday.
Here is today’s list (though not comprehensive) of what I am thankful for:
- My doctor who is taking good care of me (because I have yet another sinus infection)
- Dear friends who are taking on some of my tasks that I had scheduled to do this week
- My mom who cooked enough food to feed us for three days (I kid you not)
- Lent – a beautiful season to step back from the busy-ness of life and dive deeper into God’s message of love
- Time for prayer
- My kids and grandkids!
- My husband’s smile every morning
What are you grateful for?
Image above: Hellebore (Lenten Rose) flowers from my garden
April 12, 2019 at 10:45 am
Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and flowers. 🌸